Vans Warped Tour reveals 2016 lineup, Nashville date

Dust off your favorite pair of Vans and get prepared to mosh — Warped Tour has announced its 2016 lineup.

For the uninitiated, Warped Tour is a traveling punk rock music festival sponsored by Vans and Journeys featuring a lineup scattered with pop punk favorites, nostalgic scene bands and rock up-and-comers. The tour, which is celebrating its 21st year, will stop by The Fairgrounds Nashville for a day of live performances on June 29.

The lineup, announced yesterday, includes headliners Falling in Reverse, Good Charlotte and Atlanta band Issues. These bands will play alongside acts such as Mayday Parade, Sum 41, Less Than Jake, Real Friends, Sleeping with Sirens, Yellowcard and The Story So Far. Other performers include State Champs, The Maine,  3OH!3, We the Kings, Every Time I Die, Emarosa, Knuckle Puck and Like Pacific.

You can pick up tickets for the Nashville date online here and visit the Warped Tour website to see the full lineup and get more information.

Check out the full Vans Warped Tour lineup below:

Vans Warped Tour
The lineup for the 2016 Vans Warped Tour (Vans Warped Tour)

For more stories and updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

1. This is a pretty interesting lineup! Having artists like 3Oh!3 and We the Kings bring back the memories of high school, riding on the school bus while jamming out with my cheap Skullcandy headphones. Personally, I’ve never been to warped tour, but I plan on going this year just to check it out. Other bands that I’m excited for include Falling in Reverse, Mayday Parade, Sum 41, Yellowcard, The Story So Far, Knuckle Puck, Bullet for My Valentine, and White Chapel. I’ve heard mosh pits at warped tour are pretty great, so I’ll definitely be in the pit for White Chapel! Something that I feel that this article could have discussed is the fact that this event, unlike many of the local music festivals, is not 18 and up. It’s all ages, so there will certainly be a lot of little children there, which I’m not very excited about. However, I also heard that all the people that go are generally pretty nice. This is another reason why I’m extremely excited for this event! I’m interested to see how strict the security will be, and what we will be allowed to take into the venue, such as water and food.