Aggravated burglary reported at The Pointe, police apprehend suspects while responding

Murfreesboro Police Department responded to a burglary at The Pointe at Raiders Campus apartment complex on Saturday.

While en route to the apartment complex, police said they observed a vehicle matching the description given to them by dispatch of a car in the area of the burglary. A traffic stop was performed on the vehicle, a blue Dodge Dart driven by Marketus Hendrix and Alexander Watkins, who was in the passenger’s side.

After making contact with the victims, police brought them over to view the two men. One victim confirmed that Hendrix was inside her apartment.

A black Jansport backpack and other items belonging to the second victim were also found inside the car.

Police said Hendrix had attempted to use a false identity. The car he was driving was also reported stolen from Hertz Rental in Clarksville, Tennessee.

After the investigation, police said Hendrix had stolen up to $650 in items from the first victim’s apartment and car. The first victim’s money has not been recovered, but the second victim’s property was returned to him.

Hendrix was arrested and charged with aggravated burglary, auto-burglary, theft, criminal impersonation and DOS. He also has a holdout of Madison County. Watkins was arrested for an active indictment out of Rutherford County.

Previous Darnell Harris reflects on Blue Raider career
Next Huff, Shapen shine in win over Austin Peay

1 Comment

1. […] Police Report 2- http://mtsusidelines.com/2016/04/aggravated-burglary-reported-at-the-pointe-police-apprehend-suspect… […]