One injured, car vandalized in shooting at The Pointe apartment complex

At approximately 3 a.m on Saturday, Murfreesboro Police responded to shots fired at The Pointe at Raiders Campus apartments where one person was injured and a car was hit with stray bullets.

The victim, who was shot in his left leg, said he was visiting his sister when the incident occurred. As the victim and some of his friends were leaving his sister’s residence near building 7, they heard a large group of people in the parking lot arguing and the sound of a gun being cocked.

Several shots were fired, and the victim immediately felt pain in his leg. The victim said he did not see anyone point a gun at him or where the shooter went after firing.

A witness told police he saw a male randomly pointing a gun at people before he started shooting, and then watched him leave the scene in a white four-door car.

Another victim reported to Murfreesboro Police that his vehicle had been shot near building 7 around 3 a.m., as well. Gun shot rounds had flattened one of the car’s tires, and a bullet had gone through the back passenger’s side of the vehicle.

The car owner told police that he was near his vehicle when he heard the shots fired, and he allegedly saw three different shooters.

The injured victim was transported for medical treatment, and no suspects are in custody at this time.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com