MTSU sets Western Kentucky game as Homecoming

MTSU Band of Blue
Band of Blue marches in the Middle Tennessee State University homecoming parade in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on Saturday, October 18, 2014. (MTSU Sidelines / Gregory French)

Photo by Gregory French // Staff Photographer

MTSU will face the Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers for this year’s Homecoming game, according to an MTSU release.

This will be 64th meeting of the two “100 Miles of Hate” rivals,” who first faced each other in 1914.  Last year’s game between the two saw the Blue Raiders fall 58–28 in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The last time WKU visited Floyd Stadium was in 2014, with MTSU coming out with a win, 50–47.

“Homecoming is perhaps our program’s most anticipated date of the season, and we’re glad the 2016 game will feature our long-time rival and Conference USA partner,” Director of Athletics Chris Massaro said in the release.

Other activities taking place that week are the annual homecoming parade, a tailgate, a reunion honoring the Class of 1966 and the annual “Blood Battle” blood drive between the two universities.

Follow John Connor Coulston on Twitter at @JCCoulston.

For more sports stories, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Sports Editor Connor Grott, email sports@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous College life is not a bug’s life: 5 quick tricks to keeping pests out of a living space
Next Nashville Mayor Megan Barry, HBO exec Kary Antholis to speak at commencement