Murfreesboro selected as one of the “South’s Best College Towns” by Southern Living Magazine

Photo by David Taylor/ Sidelines Archive

Murfreesboro has been recognized among the “South’s Best College Towns” by Southern Living due to its impressive growth and its “small-town charm.”

Along with 21 other “small towns,” Murfreesboro was revered as one of the “true hidden gems of the South.” The magazine defined “small town” as a city of 350,000 people or less and places in which “the college is a driving force in the character of the town,” notes the listing on www.southernliving.com.

In describing Murfreesboro, Southern Living noted MTSU’s “well-respected” recording industry program and its close proximity to Nashville, highlighting the easiness of finding live music.

Southern Living also stated that MTSU and other selected schools were “exploring truly exciting academics and research that promise to reach the wider world.”

For more information about MTSU, visit www.mtsu.edu.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com