MTSU student robbed at gunpoint at Westbury Farm Apartments

Police responded to an aggravated burglary early Monday morning at Westbury Farm Apartments.

Upon arrival, police spoke with the two male victims involved and learned that the two men were playing X-box when a black male dressed in all black entered the apartment and demanded money. As the first victim was gathering his money, the assailant allegedly hit him twice in the back of the head with a pistol.

The assailant then demanded money from the second victim and kicked him in the back of the head as the victim laid on the floor. The victim directed the assailant to the back bedroom to collect the cash. The assailant then moved both victims to the back of the apartment where the victim gave him $780 in cash, according to the report.

The victim then procured a handgun from the bedroom and ran back into the living room where he fired one round from his handgun into the floor. He then heard a crashing noise from the back bedroom where the assailant allegedly jumped from the window to the ground.

$260 was recovered at the scene of the crime and given back to the second victim.

At this time, no suspects have been named.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com