Cheapest things to do in Murfreesboro every week night

Photo courtesy of WordPress

Since Murfreesboro is a college town, it’s home to thousands of students looking for something to do with their friends. It’s more than likely that your friend group is tired of doing the same ritual every night after class, and is confined to activities that are wallet-friendly. We all know that being a student can be tough on your bank balance and that means always looking out for special student deals so save a buck or two.

If that’s the case, then you’re in luck.

Various bars, restaurants, movie theaters, bowling alleys and more offer super cheap week night discounts and deals. if you find that you have a particular interest in something like bowling, then it might be a good investment to get something like these best bowling shoes, to help you make sure you have the best time with your friends. You can really bond as you play team games together in your fancy new shoes. It doesn’t have to be bowling though there is plenty of other things you can invest in to help you have a great time as you hang out with your friends, like playing a game of darts. Keep on reading to find out more options for stuff you can do. Below, Sidelines has compiled a list of all the advertised deals around town for each day. So grab your pals and try something new this week. Or, if you can’t decide where to go, you could get some home games instead! Home dartboards, which you can read more about here, or giant Jenga always go down really well with large groups of friends. You can get competitive and don’t have to worry about being disruptive as you’re in your own home. Darts can get really competitive, especially when you’re keeping score. Even a pack of cards can create a fun night’s entertainment.

Monday

$1 tacos at Alfonso’s

50% off at The Boulevard from 6pm-10pm

Trivia at Sam’s Sports Bar and Grill

Tuesday

$1 tacos at Nacho’s and El Rincon

$5 movies and $2 popcorn/drinks at Carmike Cinemas

All day happy hour (1/2 price drinks) at Sam’s Sports Bar and Grill

99 cent barbecue pork sandwiches at Slick Pick

$1 burgers with drink purchase at Bar Louie at The Avenue

Free pool at Campus Pub

Trivia at Coconut Bay Cafe

Team trivia at Level III

Trivia at The Boulevard

Wednesday

$5 bowling night at Strike and Spare bowling alley

40 cent wings at Coconut Bay Cafe

65 cent wings at Jefferson’s on East Main Street

Karoake at Campus Pub

Free pool at Level III

Trivia at Mellow Mushroom

Trivia at Sam’s Sports Bar and Grill

Thursday

Trivia at Campus Pub

Karaoke at Coconut Bay Cafe

Karaoke at La Siesta

Karaoke at The Pour House

Friday

Free live music at Mayday Brewery

$5 Cosmic Glow open bounce at BounceU Murfreesboro

Everyday deals

Free music almost every night of the week at The Block

$2.99 select margaritas at La Siesta every day

Happy hours at almost every bar in town during weekday afternoons

$7 go kart rides at GO USA Funpark

Other ideas

Though they aren’t exactly cheap, Murfreesboro features two “escape room” challenges. You can get a group together and go to either Murfreesboro Escape Rooms or 60 Minute Escape for around $20 each.

There are often free house shows with four or five bands playing at once around campus. Most of them occur Thursday-Sunday but there’s always a few during the week. You can check Facebook and ask around about shows each week.

MTSU offers recreational sports teams. It’s around $10-$15 a person to play for the whole season, and you can assemble your own team and sign up. The games vary from soccer to pool battleship, so there’s something for everyone.

Check around campus to see when free movies are offered in the student union.

Check this list to see all the restaurants in Murfreesboro that offer a student discount (with valid MTSU ID).

To contact Lifestyles Editor Olivia Ladd email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.