MTSU soccer held scoreless in Knoxville

Photo by Brent Beerends/MT Athletics

It was a deja-vu moment Sunday night for the Blue Raiders when they traveled to Knoxville to take on their in-state rival, the Tennessee Volunteers (4-4-0). Middle Tennessee (2-4-1) dropped their fourth loss in the last five games. All four losses, including this one, were of scores 3-0.

Although the Blue Raiders failed to score, there were opportunities to put the ball in the net. MTSU managed to put up six shots on goal with freshman Salera Jordan contributing half of those.

Middle Tennessee’s defense struggled in this contest. The Vols tallied 11 shots in the first half and 13 in the second. The Blue Raiders took only 12 shots all game.

Sydney Chalcraft gave a great effort on the defensive end. The freshman goalkeeper tabbed five saves on the night, boosting her total number of saves on the season to 35.

The Blue Raiders will get a full week of rest before opening conference play against the University of Alabama-Birmingham on Sept. 18. The game is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. at Dean A. Hayes Stadium.

For more sports stories, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Sports Editor Connor Ulrey (@connorulrey), email sports@mtsusidelines.com.