MTSU to hold 2016 Fall Career Fair Thursday

A Student speaking with potential employers at MTSU's 32nd annual student career fair. Photo by Sarah Taylor Staff Writer MTSU Sidelines

Photo by Sarah Taylor/ Editor-in-Chief

Employers from the Middle Tennessee area will be on campus from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. in the Murphy Center Thursday for track-level meeting and networking with students at the Fall 2016 Career Fair.

“The career fair will have a bunch of different employers that students are able to network with and kind of get an idea of where and what kind of companies they might want to work for,” said Natalie Madigan, a representative from MTSU’s Career Development Center. “Even if you’re not a junior or a senior, it’s still a great opportunity to just get your name out there and kind of see what it’s like networking and talking to employers.”

There will be over 100 employers and graduate study programs present at the career fair. Employers will be from a variety of industries, including, but not limited to, agriscience and agribusiness, accounting and finance, aviation, business services, communications, construction, education, government, information technology, manufacturing and transportation. The entire list of employers as well as employers listed by industry can be found on the Career Development Center website.

“If you are looking for a job, a resume is a good thing to have with you,” Madigan said. “A resume is the main thing to bring, but other than that, just dress well and come prepared to talk to people and ask questions.”

The career development center website offers many helpful hints for students attending the career fair including a “How to Dress” section for men and women and “How to Introduce Yourself to Employers” that touches on questions to ask prospective employers as well as questions to avoid.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com

Previous MTSU student demonstrators asked to leave, told library is not a 'free speech zone.'
Next MTSU free speech panel discusses First Amendment restrictions on college campuses