Soccer Senior Spotlight: Madison Ledet

Photo by Brent Beerends / MT Athletics

The 2016 soccer season is coming to a close as the team played their final home game of the season Sunday afternoon. For a few, it was their last time to suit up in the blue and white inside Dean A. Hayes Stadium.

Middle Tennessee defender Madison Ledet is one of four seniors leaving the Blue Raiders at the conclusion of the season.

ledet-2
Ledet fighting for the ball during a game against Martin Methodist University on Aug. 18, 2013. (Photo courtesy of MT Athletics)

Ledet has had a memorable time playing soccer for the Blue Raiders. The senior’s career has been plagued with injuries, but she still has found ways to make an impact on and off of the field.

The Allen, Texas, native was committed to go to Middle Tennessee State University from day one.

“[Coach] Aston wanted to see me play more,” said Ledet. “He offered me my first scholarship. I didn’t receive any scholarships from other schools because I didn’t allow any; I was happy here with Coach Aston.”

With many underclassmen taking the field for the Blue Raiders this season, Ledet has taken more of a mentor role. She has been a part of many teams at MTSU and knows the mindset it takes to win.

Ledet said it took awhile for the young players to grasp how tight conference play is. She said the mentality comes with experience.

Her fondest memories have come from hanging out with her teammates outside of soccer-related activities.

In 2014, she and many other Blue Raider athletes made the trip to the Dominican Republic. This was, in fact, Ledet’s second mission trip to the Dominican Republic.

“I went the first time [to the Dominican Republic] back in my senior year of high school,” Ledet said when reflecting on the trip to the country. “[The trip taught me that] we are all so blessed with what we have … I’ve seen awful things down there. Some things you would never see up here. Just don’t take anything for granted.”

Ledet will soon graduate with a degree in exercise science and will pursue a career in optometry.

This is part three of the four-part Soccer Senior Spotlight Series. Stay tuned to Sidelines for part four which will release Tuesday. 

For more sports stories, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Sports Editor Tyler Lamb (@Tlamb35), email sports@mtsusidelines.com.