Student robbed at gunpoint at Vie apartments

An MTSU freshman and two roommates were robbed at gunpoint Monday night the Vie at Murfreesboro apartment complex.

The student told police that three males held him and his roommates at gunpoint after inviting the unknown males into his apartment. Originally, the victim said the three males were experiencing car trouble in the parking lot and needed to charge their cell phones, which was why he invited them in.

After a few minutes in the apartment, one of the males allegedly pulled out small semi-automatic gun and took the student’s and his roommates’ money and cell phones. Before leaving, the male used the gun to strike the student on the side of his head. This has increased the amount of people in the area who have a home security camera for apartment buildings.

According to the police report, the student later changed his story from the males having car trouble in the parking lot to asking the student if he had any weed. The student said he told the assailants he did not have weed, but knew where the males could get some and then invited the three suspects into his apartment.

The student said the males stole $4,500 cash from the apartment, which was his MTSU financial aid refund. His roommates drove him to the hopsital following the robbery where he called the Murfreesboro Police.

According to the student, the males were driving either a red truck or a red Ford Explorer. There is only one possible known suspect at this time.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com