MTSU Men’s Golf springs into action following great fall performance

Photo by Brent Beerends / MT Athletics

The Middle Tennessee Men’s Golf team is looking to crank things up in the second half of the season after their successful performance in the fall.

A few individuals on the team enjoyed a lot of success in the fall. Freshman upstart Ilari Saulo was named Conference USA player of the week when he finished in a tie for fifth place at the Autotrader.com Open. Sophomore Marcus Byrd also received C-USA player of the week honors on the week of Sept. 28 for his fifth-place finish at the Bearcat Invitational.

Senior Drake Duncan is coming off of a win at the Trevecca Fall invitational where he also competed with teammates James Beckner and Hoyeong Kim.

As a team, the Raiders are looking to improve on their fifth-place finish in Conference USA last year and look to continue their great play they have had from the fall.  The Raiders won their first tournament at The Kiawah Island Invitational (Kiawah Island, South Carolina) and have finished in the top ten at every tournament so far.

The Raiders’ first tournament this spring will be Feb. 19-21 in San Juan, Puerto Rico for the Puerto Rico classic.  Their Tennessee tournaments will take place in Franklin for the Mason Rudolph Championships from Mar. 31-Apr. 1, and in Nashville at the Vanderbilt Legends Course for the NCAA Regional Championships May 15-17.