The Acorn People rock Mayday Brewery with album release show

Photo and story by Wesley McIntyre / Contributing photographer and writer

The Acorn People released their second full-length album, “Way Out,” at Mayday Brewery on Friday night. The album has been highly anticipated since their first, “Secrets,” was released three years ago.

The Acorn People is a beloved, female-fronted, local rock ‘n’ roll band with strong punk and blues influences.

The event, hosted in Mayday’s tasting room and brewery, was truly Murfreesboro-esque with local rock ‘n’ roll and beer.

The music was kicked off by O Summer, a uniquely soft-spoken indie rock ‘n’ roll band, followed by Apache Jericho, another rock ‘n’ roll band with a heavier sound.

Headliners The Acorn People blew the audience away as usual.

The Acorn People played music for everyone, as they played a song especially for the ladies and even gave their metal fan base a treat by playing through Black Sabbath’s eight-minute epic “War Pigs.”

During the set, Grace Jermusyk, the lead singer and rhythm guitarist, showed a great deal of appreciation for the fans, friends and family of the band who attended the show or have shown support for them over the years.

The album features The Acorn People’s single “Way Out” and is packed with fan-favorites, such as “Seventeen” and “Can’t Get Close Enough.”

It can be streamed on Spotify and Soundcloud or purchased on iTunes.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

Previous Blue Raiders fall in series finale to Western Kentucky
Next Gallery: Annual Monaroo festival includes open mic and fundraiser