Country Column 3/31

Photo Courtesy of ThomasRhett.com

Story by Tayhlor Stephenson / Staff Writer

In case you missed anything in the country music world this week, your weekly country music news recap is right here:

Thomas Rhett is once again releasing new music (cue a billion high-pitched, girly screams here). Check out Rhett’s Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSBakYKjtPe/?taken-by=thomasrhettakins&hl=en

Yes ladies and gentleman, you read it right; Rhett’s newest single “Craving You” is out now! The dad-to-be is working on his third album, and his collaboration with Maren Morris is the first glimpse into what it will sound like. As far as the full album goes, all we know is that we can expect it some time later this year. Until then, Nashville fans can catch Rhett on his “Home Team Tour” at Ascend Amphitheater April 20 and 21. Tickets for his Nashville show are still available via Ticketmaster.

Carrie Underwood was adorned with flowers, cake and affection as she celebrated her 100th show at the iconic Opry House. (Photo courtesy of NewsOK)

Carrie Underwood, as you may have heard, is now calling Universal Music Group her new label home.
Since being crowned queen of her season of “American Idol,” the “Dirty Laundry” singer has belonged to Sony Music’s label. Twelve years was quite enough for Underwood, though, as she makes her next big step as one of country music’s leading female powerhouses. Of course, a new label oftentimes means new music, so look for Underwood to be releasing some new tunes within the next year.

Though she departed from Sony Music, she did so with a bang. In her final days as a Sony artist, Underwood celebrated her 100th show at the famous Opry House Saturday night. Her Opry family pulled together to congratulate her with a bouquet of 100 roses, a commemorative plaque and a yummy cupcake tower four tiers tall, topped off with a two-tier cake!

Country music stars Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley hosted the ACM Awards Sunday night. (Photo courtesy of The Boot)

Hop on over to read my recap of the 2017 ACM Awards. After all, two of country music’s finest talents (and finest men) hosted this year’s awards show. You guessed it. I’m talking about Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley! The list of performers included both hosts along with Sam Hunt, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood and many more. Several collaborations are also due to make headlines: Tim McGraw with Faith Hill, Thomas Rhett with Maren Morris, Flordia Georgia Line with the Backstreet Boys and Reba McEntire with Christian singer Lauren Daigle. It was a night jam-packed full of entertainment, because that’s just what you get with these artists.

Check back next Friday for more country music news!

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.