MTSU student, Alpha Omicron Pi member arrested for assault, other charges

Gabriella Lindskoug, an MTSU student and Alpha Omicron Pi sorority member, was arrested for public intoxication, underage consumption, resisting arrest and assault on Sunday at approximately 1:13 a.m.

Murfreesboro Police responded to where Lindskoug was attempting to enter the wrong apartment. The officer noticed that the student was stumbling while walking on the sidewalk, and the officer noticed blood on her right elbow.

The officer attempted to speak with Lindskoug, but she refused to talk and began screaming. She was unable to tell the officer where she lived or speak in coherent sentences, according to the report.

The officer then decided to arrest and handcuff Lindskoug for public intoxication. After being cuffed by the officer, Lindskoug began to jerk and pull away. The officer then grabbed her by both arms and started to walk her towards the patrol car. Lindskoug then began to kick her feet and kicked the officer in the shin, according to the report.

Lindskoug was held on the hood of the patrol car by the officer until two other officers arrived on the scene to assist in the arrest.

Lindskoug was then transported to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office and was charged accordingly.

To contact News Editor Brinley Hineman, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous Photos: A recap of African-American studies dept.'s historical tour through Ohio
Next Clothesline Project held at MTSU to raise awareness for sexual assault and domestic violence

11 Comments

1. Eric H
    April 11, 2017
    Reply

Why does this need to be on sidelines?

• That’s a question that’s been asked a lot lately and with good reason. Sidelines covers everything related to MTSU and the Middle Tennessee community. When a student is arrested, it’s important to cover since it pertains directly to our campus.

Thanks for asking and I hope this answers your question.

2. Abby H
    April 12, 2017
    Reply

How does this knowing this help the MTSU community at all? Sidelines, I’m really disappointed in you.

3. Steven
    April 12, 2017
    Reply

Thank you for reporting the local news accurately and honestly. I appreciate having an informed campus. Keep up the good work.

4. Isaac
    April 12, 2017
    Reply

Why would you bash your own school and fellow students on a school news outlet? I hope someone finds a way to put you in your place, whether it be for slandering, defamation of character or otherwise reporting news without all the facts before any kind of conviction. You may have just ruined this young ladies life by reporting something that may all come back to be untrue or dropped after court. Unfortunately, now it’s all over the Internet for all of eternity.

Shame on you. Have some pride in your school and support your classmates.

5. Isaac
    April 12, 2017
    Reply

You state she was “charged accordingly.” You were so detailed in how she spoke and acted and for what she was detained. However, you left out what the actual charges were once she was booked into the county sheriff’s office. Report what she was actually charged with before making her sound like some kind of belligerent criminal arrested for felony assault.

6. Brandon Baker
    April 13, 2017
    Reply

This is a form of targeting the Greek community, and a defamation of character. This should have never been published on Sidelines, and I am really questioning the integrity of Sidelines writers and editors.

• We cover all student arrests regardless of who committed the crime. In fact, a student was arrested today and it was covered in the same fashion as the arrest of the student involved in Greek life.

Defamation of character is when a false statement is spread with the intent of harming that person. Everything published is accurate and came straight from the official arrest record.

7. Andrea Georgiou
    July 14, 2017
    Reply

I mirror the other people’s concerns…this was not necessary to publish. I am not proud of this publication right now and hope you find other areas of concern to report.