MTSU student arrested for aggravated assault

On Wednesday, Murfreesboro Police responded to a home near MTSU in reference to a domestic disturbance that resulted in the arrest of MTSU freshman Clayton Wilson. Wilson was charged with aggravated assault after physically assaulting his girlfriend.

Upon arrival, officers made contact with Wilson and the victim. A minor cut on Wilson’s thumb was noted by the officer who also noticed swelling under the victim’s right eye, bruising and a cut on her lip, redness and slight bruising around her throat and bite marks on her right forearm, according to the report.

An officer spoke with Wilson first who stated that he and the victim became involved in a verbal argument over their relationship. He acknowledged that the argument became physical, at which point, he placed his hands around her throat before being interrupted by the victim’s brother.

The victim’s story corroborated with Wilson’s account of the incident but noted that the argument began when Wilson broke the couple’s iPad. The victim stated that Wilson struck her in the face with his elbow, strangled her and bit her right forearm prior to her brother’s intervention.

After being separated from the victim, Wilson left the residence through a window and had neighbors contact police. He then returned to his home until officers arrived on scene.

Photographs were taken of the victim’s injuries and she was transported to St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital for treatment. Wilson was placed into custody and transported to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office by an officer for booking.

To contact News Editor Brinley Hineman, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.