Young Dolph claps back at enemies with ‘Bulletproof’

Photo Courtesy of YoungDolph.com

Story by Barbara Sherman / Contributing Writer

Rapper Young Dolph delivered his highly anticipated album “Bulletproof” on April 1 in reference to a situation that happened back in February. The rapper was involved in a shooting in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he was reported saying that he was shot at over 100 times, yet left the scene bullet-free.

“Bulletproof” is a clap-back directed toward his assailants along with his other haters.

A hundred shots, a hundred shots.

How the f— you miss a whole hundred shots?”

-“100 Shots”

These are lyrics from Dolph’s opening song on the album. He sets the tone here for the rest of the album, which is about trying to live life with haters plotting against him on the low.

“That’s How I Feel” featuring well-known rapper Gucci Mane is probably the hottest song on the album. Young Dolph and Gucci elaborate on their foes who are continuously trying to end them:

Shippin’ money by the mail, I just came back with the bales,

Now I’m dancin’ in the truck, that’s how I feel …

You know that salt can kill a snail but can do nothin’ to a player,

I’m way too trill, I’m hard to kill, that’s how I feel”

-“That’s How I Feel”

Since this song is catchy and features two of the hottest rappers in the game, it’s bound to be blaring over the airwaves within the next couple weeks and become one of Dolph’s next hit singles.

“I Pray for My Enemies” is another hit on the album. It was actually released a day before the album dropped as a preview of the heat that he would bring the following day.

All in all, the album was a 6 out of 10, meaning that there were a handful of good hits but a few that could have also been left off the album in my opinion. Young Dolph is very consistent in what he talks about when he raps, so some might say he can be repetitive. But die-hard Dolph fans will definitely enjoy this album.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.