Monday, March 18, 2024

Nashville celebrates Pride with a full calendar of events

Photo courtesy of Nashville Pride

Story by Meredith White / Contributing Writer

Recognized as National LGBT Pride Month, June’s thirty days are filled with events that will honor and celebrate. Various events are scheduled throughout the month, everything from pageants to a night spent at the ballpark. There truly is a little something planned for everyone.

National Pride Rally

When: June 11 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)

Where: Washington D.C.

Although the rally is to be held in D.C., people from all locations, including Tennessee, are encouraged to attend the event. The goal of the rally is to establish solidarity through the famed National Pride March. National Pride Rally is an all-inclusive event, and it aims to unify the earth, women, immigrants, Muslims, workers, tenants and all historically marginalized communities in the area.

Nashville Pride Pageant

When: June 11 (8 p.m. – 11 p.m.)

Where: Play Dance Bar

Featuring some of the most talented kings and queens in an all-out battle for the crown and title of Mr. or Ms. Nashville Pride 2017, the 7th Annual Nashville Pride Pageant is quickly approaching. Prepare for several categories in this year’s pageant, including Creative Presentation, Evening Gown/Formal Wear and Talent.

Nashville Pride “Friend with Benefits” members will receive admission to Play Dance Bar and VIP Access.

Register here if you would like to participate in the pageant.

Pride Night OUT at the Nashville Sounds

When: June 13 (7:05 p.m. – 10:05 p.m.)

Where: First Tennessee Park

Does watching a nice, competitive game between two teams while picnicking at an all-you-can-eat buffet sound like a good time to you? If so, snatch a ticket to this year’s Pride Night OUT at the Nashville Sounds. The Sounds will face the Memphis Redbirds, and for just $28 per person, you can be there to watch the game as it happens. Arrive early though, because the buffet opens when the gates do, lasting until 30 minutes into the game.

Nashville Pride “Friends with Benefits” members will receive a ticket to this event.

Purchase your ticket here.

Nashville Pride Equality Walk

When: June 24 (9 a.m.- 11 a.m.)

Where: Downtown Nashville

Project the power of your voice by joining Nashville’s march for equality. To find the line, you’ll need to locate 2nd and Union in downtown Nashville. Bring your signs, your voices and your friends to this walk supporting LGBT rights and equality.

You can register here.

Nashville Pride Festival presented by Bridgestone

When: June 24 – June 25 (12 p.m. – 6 p.m.)

Where: Public Square Park

Located just in front of City Hall, the Nashville Pride Festival plans to feature all sorts of entertainment, such as a kids zone and youth pavilion, and will provide over 200 vendors and local nonprofit organizations, artists and businesses. The festival will also include appearances from Lizzo, Conrad Sewell, Big Freedia and more.

Adult admission is $5 per person. Children 10 and under will be let in for free.

“Friends with Benefits” members are granted tickets with their membership.

You can purchase GA or VIP weekend tickets here.

To find more information about the organization, click here.

Stay tuned for coverage of Nashville’s Pride Festival.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Wesley McIntyre, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.