Three busted at Bargain Hunt for multiple drug charges, criminal impersonation

Murfreesboro Police responded to a report of illegal drug use in the parking lot of Bargain Hunt on Old Fort Parkway Saturday. The complainant said that he saw a car pull into the parking lot with three passengers. After two female suspects entered the store, the complainant said he saw a man “smoking meth” in the lot. After realizing that he had been seen, the man reportedly walked into the store, joining two female suspect. He left a small dog in the hot car.

Police arrived on the scene and approached all three subjects inside Bargain Hunt. He asked them to step outside with him to address the situation. According to the police report the male suspect was exhibiting symptoms of narcotic use.

When they arrived at the car, the officer asked for their names and identification. The male refused, but he was later found to be Jeremy Norris, 38. One woman identified herself as Angela Dykes. The other initially gave the name Catherine Comer, but she was later determined to be Catherine Simpson, 45.

The officer asked Dykes for consent to search the vehicle which was denied. The officer requested a narcotics K-9 to conduct an air sniff around the car. When the K-9 officer arrived, consent was given to search the inside of the car. Inside, the officers found 2.9 grams of methamphetamine, 1.6 grams of heroin, 6.7 grams of marijuana and .2 grams of cocaine. Police also recovered numerous syringes, metal utensils, a glass pipe and several gabapentin pills, generally used to treat nerve pain and seizures.

Dykes received a misdemeanor citation for possession of a legend drug and paraphernalia.

Norris was arrested for the same charges and an outstanding capias warrant.

Simpson was arrested for possession of schedule I, schedule II, schedule VI and legend drugs as well as for the possession of paraphernalia and criminal impersonation. Simpson also had holds in Cannon County and Coffee County.