Football: Brewer, Lee named to Pro Football Focus C-USA team of the week

Ty Lee gets the hand-off from Brent Stockstill in a game against the Vanderbilt Commodores on Saturday, September 2 in Murfreesboro, TN (Devin P. Grimes/MTSU Sidelines)

Photo by Devin P. Grimes / MTSU Sidelines

Middle Tennessee offensive lineman Chandler Brewer and wide receiver Ty Lee were named to Pro Football Focus’ Conference USA team of the week for their week five performances against Florida Atlantic.

After missing MTSU’s game against Bowling Green due to an injury, Brewer fought through the pain against Florida Atlantic to help the Middle Tennessee offense pick up 454 total yards for their second highest total of the year.

Lee continued to lead the injury-riddled Blue Raider offense against the Owls by leading the team in receptions (8) and recieving yards (136), including a 26-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter. Lee also added 18 yards on the ground on three carries, while also being responsible for the punt returning duties.

Pro Football Focus’ college football section names a team of the week each week for every Football Bowl Subdivision conference.  The entirety of the C-USA team can be viewed below.

The Blue Raiders return home Saturday for their homecoming game against Florida International. Kick-off is schedule for 2 p.m.

Follow MTSU sports reporter Anthony Fiorella on Twitter at @A_Fiorella74 for more coverage.

To contact Sports Editor Rusty Ellis (@RustyEllis13), email sports@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous Soccer: Carolin Engelhard's journey to becoming a German student-athlete
Next Women's Golf: Hanley Long named C-USA Golfer of the Week