Women’s Tennis: Blue Raiders dominate doubles play at TCU Fall Invitational

Marta Peris Herrero returns the ball during a match against UAB on April 7, 2017 at the Adams Tennis Complex. (MTSU Sidelines/Devin P. Grimes)

Photo by Devin P. Grimes / MTSU Sidelines

The Middle Tennessee Women’s tennis team traveled to Fort Worth, Texas, to participate in the TCU Fall Invitational over the weekend. They were dominant in the doubles matches and put up a competitive front in the singles matches.

In the singles side of the tournament, several players won matches in their individual flights. Costanza Magazzini won her match against Northwestern State while Maria Zehnder won her match against Macarena Oliveras from Texas A&M. Luisa Zirilli earned a win in her flight against Texas A&M as well.

In doubles, the women’s teams were all strong. Magazzini and Lidia Burrows teamed up to win their flight over Northwestern State 6-1, while Zirilli and Zehnder won the flight-three championship with victories over TCU, Texas A&M and Rice.

They will end their fall season next weekend when they travel to Harvard for the Harvard Fall Invitational on Nov. 3-5.

Previous Cross Country: Blue Raiders qualify for NCAA Regionals after C-USA victory
Next Volleyball: MTSU falls to UTEP in straight sets