Crime: MTSU student arrested after taking LSD, running naked through apartment complex

Murfreesboro Police arrested a 20-year-old MTSU student, who was found naked in The Southern apartment complex parking lot on Lascassas Pike, on Saturday at approximately 12:55 a.m.

Upon arrival, an officer observed the naked man, identified as MTSU freshman Samuel Haas, being filmed by two other men in the parking lot of the apartment complex. The officer drove up to Haas and asked him what he was doing. Haas then replied, “We are all molecules that are going to fly away.”

The officer then asked Haas if he was on any drugs. Haas replied that he was not under the influence of any drugs and ran toward the middle of the complex. The officer told Haas to stop. Haas stopped running and leaned on the officer’s patrol car. The officer then asked if there was anything that he could do to help Haas. Haas stated that there was nothing the officer could do and said, “I’ll give you everything I got.”

The officer took this as a threat and arrested Haas for public intoxication. Haas was transported to Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital for evaluation. Haas later admitted that he took LSD. Warrants were obtained for Haas for simple assault, resisting arrest and public intoxication. Once Haas was released from the hospital, he was taken into custody by police.