Football: Stockstill joins Thomas with Pro Football Focus honors

Photo by Devin P. Grimes / MTSU Sidelines

Brent Stockstill joined Tavares Thomas as the second Blue Raider to earn Pro Football Focus-College honors this week, as he was named to the PFF-College Conference USA offensive team of the week on Wednesday afternoon.

Thomas was also named to the PFF-College national offensive team of the week on Tuesday.

In just his second game back after an injury, Stockstill played a key part in the 35-21 victory over the Charlotte 49ers last Saturday.

The southpaw completed 18-31 passes for 255 yards and had his third straight start with three touchdown passes.

Since returning to action, Stockstill set the school’s all-time passing yardage record (8,159) and holds the school record for 300-yard passing games (4), 400-yard passing games (2), touchdown passes (71) and passing yards per game (291.4).

The Murfreesboro native has also attempted the most passes in a game in school history (65), made the most attempts in a season in school history (490) and has the most passing yards in a season (4,005). Stockstill currently sits 100 attempts short of Logan Kilgore for most passing attempts in a career with 1,035.

Follow MTSU sports reporter Anthony Fiorella on Twitter at @A_Fiorella74 for more coverage.

To contact Sports Editor Rusty Ellis (@RustyEllis13), email sports@mtsusidelines.com.