From animation to animals: A look at some of Nashville celebrities’ best Halloween costumes

Photo courtesy of Justin Timberlake

Story by Wendy Anderson / Contributing Writer

Halloween is an exciting time of year, and many people put a lot of effort into finding the perfect costume. But, our favorite celebrities are always a good source of inspiration for a spooky and fun look.

Here’s a look at some local celebrities and their 2017 Halloween costumes:

Actor and musician Justin Timberlake celebrates Halloween with his family with a “Toy Story” theme by dressing up as Buzz Lightyear, with his wife, actress Jessica Biel, dressed as Jessie and his son Silas dressed as Woody on Oct. 31, 2017. (Photo courtesy of Justin Timberlake)

Kicking off the list of Nashville celebs Halloween costumes is the prince of pop Justin Timberlake. He and wife Jessica Biel dressed as “Toy Story” characters with their son, Silas. Timberlake wore a Buzz Lightyear suit, and Biel dressed as Jessie. And of course, Silas sported an adorable miniature version of Sheriff Woody.

Last year, the trio took to the streets in costumes from the movie “Trolls,” which Timberlake starred in, so it was no surprise the trio pulled off another epic group costume.

Woody Wood, co-host of the “Woody and Jim Show” on 107.5 The River, celebrates Halloween with a Jedi costume on Oct. 31, 2017. (Photo courtesy of Woody Wood)

Jim Chandler and Woody Wood of popular radio show “Woody and Jim in the Morning” went with a classic “Star Wars” theme. The pair transformed into Hans Solo and a jedi.

Wood also dressed in a second costume as the popular “Saturday Night Live” character David S. Pumpkins.

Next up is country music royalty. Carrie Underwood, alongside her husband Mike Fisher, former captain of the Nashville Predators, certainly had fun this year by dressing in a couple’s costume. Underwood wore a deer onesie, similar to those from somewhere like https://www.kigurumi.co, and Fisher dressed as a hunter who’s trapped her. According to Fisher’s Instagram, he went “trophy catchin for Halloween.”

Musician Carrie Underwood and her husband, former Nashville Predators captain Mike Fisher, celebrate Halloween by dressing up as a deer and its hunter on Oct. 31, 2017. (Photo courtesy of Carrie Underwood)

By any means, their creative costumes were cute and paired perfectly.

Musician Keith Urban and his wife, actress Nicole Kidman, complement each other on Halloween with spooky costumes on Oct. 31, 2017. (Photo courtesy of Keith Urban)

Keith Urban also sported some Halloween garb. Urban and his wife, actress Nicole Kidman, also sported complementary costumes. Kidman rocked pigtails tied up with skull-printed bows and a matching skull dress. Meanwhile, Urban pulled out all the stops with all-black attire, complete with a top hat and round sunglasses.

Actor Sam Palladio, who plays Gunnar Scott on CMT’s “Nashville,” celebrated Halloween with a costume of late “Nashville” character Rayna James on Oct. 31, 2017. (Photo courtesy of Sam Palladio)

Finalizing this list, we have Sam Palladio of CMT’s “Nashville.” The star took on a hilariously morbid look this Halloween as Connie Britton’s late character on the show, Rayna Jaymes. He wore a curly red wig and ghouled up his face, which made for one haunting tribute. Further showcasing his humorous take on the costume choice, he captioned his photo, “Rayna’s back ya’ll.”

The celebrities of Nashville did not disappoint with their costumes this year. They’re usually seen as serious professionals, so it’s nice to catch a glimpse of a more fun and playful side. And just like that, you have five stellar ideas for next year’s Halloween madness.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Tayhlor Stephenson, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.