Women’s Golf: Adams signs two on National Signing Day

Photo by Brent Beerends / MT Athletics Communications

With National Signing Day in the rearview mirror, the Middle Tennessee women’s golf team can now turn their attention to the spring season after signing Catherine Caudill and Madison Smith to their National Letters of Intent.

Caudill, a senior from Rossview High School in Clarksville, Tennessee, has signed a scholarship with the team. Her sister Caroline has done well for the Lady Raiders in her college debut, putting together solid performances throughout the fall season.

Caudill will become the third Rossview High School sign for head coach Chris Adams, and she finished eighth in the Tennessee Girls Junior Championship with a five-over par (219). Most recently, she tied for state runner-up in the TSSAA Class AAA State Championship at even par, and she was named a First-Team All-Midstate selection following her junior year at Rossview.

Meanwhile, Smith is a senior from Randall Cooper High School in Union, Kentucky, where she won four individual titles and had six more top-five finishes during her junior season before being named to the KHSAA All-State Second Team. Smith also earned Region 6 Player of the Year, 2016 Kentucky Enquirer Co-Player of the Year honors and is the only conference champion, regional champion and three-time state qualifier in the school’s history.

Smith also won a first place finish in her lone Hurricane Junior Golf Tour event during the past year to go along with four titles on the Mussleman-Dunne Golf Tour where she won Player of the Year honors.

Only losing one senior for the 2018-19 season, the Blue Raiders now have talent that can compete for spots in their lineup early in the start of their collegiate careers at MTSU.

Follow Sports Reporter Madison Zygadlo (@madszygadlo) on Twitter for more coverage.

For more sports stories, follow us on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter and Periscope at @Sidelines_Sport.

To contact Sports Editor Rusty Ellis, email sports@mtsusidelines.com