Football: Ferguson named to PFF’s Defensive Team of the Week

Freshman Jordan Ferguson returns an interception against the FIU Panthers on Oct. 7, 2017, in Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Photo by Devin P. Grimes / MTSU Sidelines)

Photo by Devin P. Grimes / MTSU Sidelines 

Middle Tennessee freshman defensive lineman Jordan Ferguson was named to Pro Football Focus-College’s Conference USA defensive team of the week following the Blue Raiders’ win over the Old Dominion Monarchs.

Ferguson, who is making his first appearance on the list, was a force on the interior of the Middle Tennessee defensive line and helped the Raiders limit ODU to 10 points.

The 280-pound defensive tackle set new career-highs in both tackles (six) and tackles for loss (three).

In 11 games this season, the Georgia native has racked up 24 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries and an interception.

Ferguson joins teammates Brent Stockstill, Tavares Thomas, Chandler Brewer, Ty Lee and Brad Anderson to be recognized by Pro Football Focus this season.

Follow MTSU sports reporter Anthony Fiorella on Twitter at @A_Fiorella74 for more coverage.

To contact Sports Editor Rusty Ellis (@RustyEllis13), email sports@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous Women's Basketball: Turnovers prove crucial as Lady Raiders lose first game
Next Men's Basketball: Bench unit crucial for Blue Raiders' success