Crime: Murfreesboro Police respond to aggravated domestic assault at Student Quarters Apartments on South Rutherford Boulevard

Photo by Andrew Wigdor / MTSU Sidelines Archive

Murfreesboro Police responded to an aggravated domestic assault at Student Quarters Apartments on South Rutherford Boulevard on Friday at approximately 11:43 p.m.

Upon arrival, officers made contact with a woman, identified as Lauryn Warner, and her boyfriend. Warner stated to police that she had been in an argument with her boyfriend and had asked him to leave. She said that when her boyfriend refused to leave, she grabbed a pair of scissors to threaten him with. Warner’s boyfriend then took the scissors away, and Warner then grabbed a fork. Warner poked and scratched her boyfriend with the fork. She told police that her boyfriend choked her during the incident. Emergency Medical Services examined Warner for injuries, and she was cleared.

Officers then spoke with Warner’s boyfriend. He stated to police that Warner did ask him to leave, and, while he was gathering his thoughts, Warner began to threaten him with scissors. After he took the scissors away from Warner, she came at her boyfriend with a fork. Warner’s boyfriend stated that, in an attempt to protect himself, he pushed her away. Warner’s boyfriend had several cuts and scratches on his face, hands and legs.

After interviewing both parties, officers determined Warner to be the primary aggressor. Warner was charged for aggravated domestic assault and transported to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office for booking.