Your guide to this year’s Nashville Fashion Week

Photo courtesy of Nashville Fashion Week

Story by Genesis Rodriguez / Contributing writer

It’s almost time for this year’s Nashville Fashion Week, a week full of fashion and entertainment that many have been waiting for and will take place April 3-7. Prices range from $30 to $100, but elevated access passes to all events sold out at the beginning of March.

The fun starts with a week-long celebration of NFW called Shop Nashville where more than 40 boutiques and stores will be hosting special events, trunk shows and deals. The Shop Nashville events will start at 10:00 a.m. and run until 6:00 p.m. everyday. On April 2, from 5-7 p.m., there’s a learning panel called “Culture” with MTSU and Project Runway alumni Amanda Valentine and Ayana Ife. The two designers will discuss their experiences with reality TV and what it’s like being a working designer after the show. Here’s a detailed look at the  rest of the learning panels and runway shows scheduled to take place during that week.

NFW Day 1: Learning Lab|Create: Margaret Ellis Jewelry

This learning lab will be held April 3 at Margaret Ellis Jewelry’s shop from 1-3 p.m.  This event offers the opportunity to learn how to make your own set of classic ME bronze pearl bangles with assistance from one of Nashville’s most prestigious local businesses, Margaret Ellis Jewelry.

NFW Night 1: Nashville Designer Showcase

The doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the runway show starts at 8:00 p.m. There will be a musical performance by Escondido, and designs will be presented by Nashville designers Any Old Iron, Black by Maria Silver, Lily Guilder, Ola Mai, Ona Rex and Truly Alvarenga. 

NFW Day 2: Learning Lab| Photography: Brett Warren & Zachary Gray

On April 4 from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m., fashion photographers Brett Warren and Zachary Gray will be hosting a unique learning lab, during which they will discuss their individual experiences as photographers and their use of research to develop concepts for personal and client shoots. Warren received the sixth annual Nashville Fashion Forward Fund in 2016. 

NFW Night 2: Ready-To-Wear Designer Showcase

The doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the runway show starts at 8:00 p.m. This show will showcase designs from DEMESTIK by Reuben Reuel, Faherty, Fauxgerty, MTSU alumnus Julianna Bass and Lagi Nadeau.

NFW Day 3: Learning Lab|Beauty: The Cosmetic Market

On April 5, from 4-6 p.m., attendees can learn about runways in a real way by getting personalized one-on-one training from the pros at The Cosmetic Market. These professionals will show you how to achieve a runway look everyday by learning makeup techniques like winged liner, contouring, colored shadow and other tips. Refreshments will be provided and participants will leave with a bag full of beauty products.

NFW Day 4: Learning Lab| Business: Her Data Method

April 6, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., influencers who have thousands of followers on social media will learn about marketing to their audiences in order to advance their brand. Shannon Ware and Melody Jennings Bowers created Her Data Method to educate business owners on the value of data and how to collect it.

NFW Day 4: Fashion Talks With Fern Mallis And Anna Sui

April 6, from 3-5 p.m., MTSU will be live-streaming an event called NFW Talks with Fern Mallis and Anna Sui. If you want to attend this event in person, it will be an opportunity to meet and greet with the fashion icons and to receive a signed copy of Mallis’ book “Fashion Lives: Fashion Icons with Fern Mallis.” However, if you just plan on watching the live-stream, Mallis and Sui will take the stage at 4 p.m. to chat about their experiences in the fashion industry. 

NFW Night 4: Emerging Designer Showcase

The doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the runway starts at 8:00 p.m. Featuring designers such as Amanda Casarez, Andrew Gallivan, Ariel Inc., Barbara Bultman, Eileen Kelly, Justin Mark Richards, Laura Citron, Shea Steele, Splashed by DKG and Yellowcake Shop, this runway is a great place to spot emerging designers in the industry.

NFW Day 5: Learning Lab| Influence: Happily Grey And Clique Media

April 7, from 1-3 p.m., you can attend a learning lab featuring Happily Grey, Rachel Zeilic, vice president of talent at CLIQUE media, and Chrissy Fogerty, founder and designer of Fauxgerty.  They’ll share their experiences as designers, creative directors and entrepreneurs, which is a great chance to learn how to navigate the world of influencing from experts.

NFW Night 5: Finale

Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the runway show starts at 8:00 p.m. Nashville Fashion Week will go out with a bang with this runway finale. There will be a special music performance by singer-songwriter Karen Elson and will feature designers such as Hickey Freeman Taylors Gold, American Tailor and Anna Sui. This is definitely an event you don’t want to miss.

For those of you who aren’t able to make it to any of the events this year, make sure to check back with Sidelines as we recap the major events during Nashville fashion’s biggest week.  For more information about the events or Nashville Fashion Week, visit Nashville Fashion Week’s website.