The Band CAMINO, The Night Game display exciting energy at Exit/In

Photo and story by Micaela Griffin / Contributing Writer

The line of fans waiting to see The Band CAMINO and The Night Game at Exit/In last Wednesday night wrapped around the block.

Opening act, The Band CAMINO, is a Memphis-based alternative group that packs high energy into every song of their sets. Wednesday night’s performance marked their first sold-out show in Nashville, and the boys couldn’t have been happier to be there.

One of the lead singers, Jeffery Jordan, repeatedly thanked the crowd of fans for their continued support and especially for getting to the show early enough to see the opening act.

They cycled through their set list playing favorites including “For A While” and “I Spend Too Much Time in My Room.” The Band CAMINO performed “Berenstein,” a song made more popular by its position on Taylor Swift’s list of favorite songs. Each song uniquely showcased the talents of Spencer Stewart and Jeffery Jordan on guitar, keyboard and vocals, as well as Caleb Hughes on drums and Graham Rowell on bass.

As they closed their set, they finished with “California,” their loudest song, and a heartfelt thanks to the audience and to The Night Game for letting them open on this tour.

The Night Game took the stage well into the late night, but the set did not lack any power or excitement. This new-wave band is headed by Martin Johnson, former lead vocalist for Boys Like Girls, and features Kirin J. Callinan on lead guitar.

Taking the stage in front of a sold-out crowd is nothing new to The Night Game, which has toured with John Mayer in the past.

The Night Game has a few songs released to Spotify and Apple Music, and the ones they played rocked the audience. They performed both their first single, “Outfield,” and their latest one, “Bad Girls Don’t Cry,” for the crowd Wednesday night. They also debuted some soon-to-be-released songs but were scarce on the specific details about when to expect the album drop.

For both bands, the rest of their American Nights tour is the most immediate on their agenda with the promise of new music within the upcoming months.

To contact Music Editor Hayden Goodridge, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.