Interim Nashville Mayor David Briley to remain mayor after special election results

Photo courtesy of David Briley / Facebook

Interim Nashville Mayor David Briley will remain in office after the special mayoral election on Thursday.

The “Unofficial Election Results” for the May 24 Nashville mayor and Council District 1 elections were made available after 7 p.m. on Thursday. 161 of 161 precincts have reported their voting results. The results are are listed below.

Nashville Mayor David Briley led with 54.47 percent of the votes for mayor of Nashville. In second was Carol Swain with 22.90 percent of votes.

For Council District 1 of Nashville, Johnathan Hall led with 34.20 percent of the votes. In second was Judy Cummings with 27.77 percent of votes.

Briley was made interim mayor in March after former Nashville Mayor Megan Barry resigned from office. Barry resigned due to a scandal involving an extramarital affair with Barry’s head of security. After several investigations into the matter, Barry pleaded guilty to felony theft of property over $10,000.

Election results are unofficial until they have been certified by the Election Commission. More updates will be posted as details are released.

To contact News Editor Caleb Revill, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous MTSU President Sidney McPhee, Chinese partner sign agreement to create joint ginseng institute
Next Murfreesboro dental office to provide free services on Free Dentistry Day