HOZIER’S FIREY PERFORMANCE CAPTURES BONNAROOVIANS

Story and Photo by Megan Cole/MTSU Seigenthaler News Service

With a stripped down set and little to no special effects, Hozier’s powerful vocals and talented band were the only sparks needed to light a fire at the What Stage Saturday night. He stepped out wearing a blue button down, black vest, and dark glasses waved to the crowd and picked up his guitar.

From the beginning, the Irish musician entranced the crowd with the ease of his voice and stage presence.

Known for his deep tone and somber songs, Hozier sang multiple numbers off of his recent album “Wasteland, Baby!” Released in March of 2019, this was his first album since his debut, “Hozier”, from 2014.

One of the new songs off of his album called “Nina Cried Power” is about protesting. While Hozier performed this song, he played videos of social groups and protests from around the world.

Hozier invited one member of the “Highway Women” to perform a song with him. Brandi Carlile took to the stage and the duo sang “Work Song.” Her southern and rich tone changed the vibe, and the crowd went wild as Hozier and Carlile sang riffs to each other.

Hozier finished the set with his first critically acclaimed hit “Take Me To Church” from 2013 with the music video playing in the background.

Previous CHILDISH GAMBINO BROUGHT BONNAROO CROWD “TO CHURCH” WITH ELECTRIFYING SET FRIDAY NIGHT
Next 'It’s Gucci' revs up early Sunday morning crowd to close Bonnaroo Day 3