Posts in category

Community

News from Murfreesboro and the surrounding area

MTSU

Photo by David Taylor // Staff Photographer Speaking from experience, transferring to a new school can be one of the most difficult transitions a student can make. I myself had to switch schools twice: once after my freshman year of high school, and the other this past fall when I transferred from Pellissippi State Community College to …

MTSU, Middle Tennessee Boulevard, Amanda Freuler, Construction

MTSU has contributed $5 million to the renovation of Middle Tennessee Boulevard that officially began on Jan. 11, 2016. Middle Tennessee Boulevard runs along the west side of MTSU’s campus, connecting Greenland Drive and East Main Street. The project has been 15 years in the making and is expected to take about two and a …

Rutherford County Commission, State's Rights Act, MTSU

Photo by Sarah Grace Taylor // Managing Editor MTSU students, alumni and parents attended tonight’s Rutherford County Commissioner meeting to protest the State’s Rights Resolution, which the commissioners voted to pass with two new amendments. If passed at the state level, the act will allow state representatives to dismiss rulings made by the Supreme Court …

UPDATE 10:50 p.m. – MTSU has notified students saying the alert has been cancelled: MTSU ALERT: Tornado Warning CANCELED for MTSU campus & TN Miller Coliseum areas. Resume normal activity. Report damage and injuries to Campus Police or dial 911. Posted by Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) on Wednesday, December 23, 2015   Areas throughout Middle Tennessee are …

Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) Honors Society gathered last week to write holiday messages for the residents of Tennessee State Veteran’s Home during their annual Holiday Veteran’s Project Dinner. Each year in the midst of finals and holiday chaos, ODK students set aside time to write messages of thanks and warm wishes to elderly veterans while …

Murfreesboro Police investigated a shooting in the area of SE Broad Street and Middle Tennessee Boulevard yesterday around noon. The victim stated that a male was traveling at 20 mph on SE Broad St. and passed him on his left side, giving him the middle finger. The victim reported that he pulled over in front …