Cage the Elephant, Jake Bugg to play Live on the Green

By John Connor Coulston and Natalie Shipley

The 2014 Live on the Green Concert Series will conclude this weekend with a three-day festival of free performances by Cage the Elephant, Jake Bugg, The Wild Feathers and more.

Cage the Elephant, known for their energetic live shows and singles such as “Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” and “Come a Little Closer,” will conclude the final Thursday of Lightning 100’s four-week concert series at Public Square Park in Nashville.

This will be Cage the Elephant’s third show in Middle Tennessee this summer, following sets at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester and an initimate show at Nashville’s Mercy Lounge.

Opening acts for Thursday night are Nashville-based singer-songwriter duo Johnnyswim and indie rock band Delta Spirit. Johnnyswim is scheduled to begin the evening with a set at 6 p.m. followed by Delta Spirit at 7:30 p.m. Cage the Elephant is scheduled to take the stage at 9:15.

Friday’s headling slot is shared by Nashville rock band The Wild Feathers and alternative hip-hop group G. Love and Special Sauce.

Live on the Green is the latest festival stop for The Wild Feathers, who made their Bonnaroo debut this year.

Supporting acts for Friday night are Nashville indie rock band Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lake, who are scheduled to play at 5 p. m., and singer-songwriter Augustana, who will take the stage at 6:15.

The final night of the Live on the Green Series will include the largest bill of the series, with six acts on the line-up.

English singer-songwriter Jake Bugg, who made waves in America with his breakthrough 2012 single “Lightning Bolt,” is set the close Live on the Green 2014 as this year’s final headliner. He performed at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium in February and at Bonnaroo in June.

Performances will begin Saturday afternoon with sets from Nashville acts Phin and Sugar & The Hi Lows at 1:45 p.m. and 3 p.m., respectively. Also scheduled to perform Saturday are singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson, known for her singles “The Way That I Am” and “Girls Chase Boys,” at 4:30 p.m., indie-pop singer LP at 6 p.m. and Brooklyn alt-country group The Lone Bellow at 7:30 p.m.

Previous performers for this years Live on the Green series include Capital Cities, The Head and the Heart and City and Colour.

Live on the Green is free to the public with VIP tickets available to purchase. For more information on the festival, visit their website at www.liveonthegreen.com

For more Live on the Green updates and concert reviews in the Murfreesboro area, follow us on www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Life