Blue Raider Women’s Basketball Forward Suspended for Five Games

The MT women’s basketball team lost senior forward Cheyenne Parker today due to an undisclosed violation of athletic department policies, according to the Daily News Journal.

Parker, a transfer from High Point University, is suspended indefinitely and will sit out the first five games of the 2014-15 season. She’ll be sitting out two exhibition games and MT’s opening three regular season games versus Arizona State, Miami and Arkansas.

Parker is ineligible to play until Nov. 23 when the Blue Raiders take on Ole Miss in Oxford, Mississippi.

Parker played her first three years of college basketball at High Point University in North Carolina. She’s a two-time Big South Defensive Player of the year, and she also set the Big South conference record for blocks in a season, amassing 131. Parker, who sat out last season due to NCAA transfer rules, averaged 17.9 points per game and 13.2 rebounds per game (third in the nation) in her last season for High Point (2012-2013).

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport