Fifth Person Arrested in Oaklands Mansion Shooting Case.

The fifth suspect in the attempted murder of Darryl Rouse Wednesday turned himself in to police this morning, according to a release by the Murfreesboro Police Department.

Kourtland Johnson, 18, of Castle St., was arrested on charges of criminal conspiracy, especially aggravated robbery, and attempted first-degree murder. He is being held at Rutherford County Jail on $266,000 bond.

Police had previously arrested Deante Lawrence, Devonte Lawrence, Lamonte Johnson and Walshaude Vaughter in connection to Rouse’s shooting at a housing complex at the corner of East Lokey Ave. and Christy Court Wednesday afternoon.

Johnson and the Lawrences were charged with criminal conspiracy and especially aggravated robbery. Vaughter was additionally charged with attempted first-degree murder, and Deante Lawrence was also charged with theft over $500.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com