Middle Tennessee Softball falls 2-1 to Trevecca Nazarene in Fall Play

The Middle Tennessee softball team lost by a final score of 2-1 against Trevecca Nazarene University Wednesday evening in Murfreesboro.

Sophomore Megan Chocallo got the start for MT, pitching four innings while allowing an earned run on three hits. Junior Kelci Cheney and senior Caitlin McClure entered the game to pitch the final three innings, eventually giving up three hits and a run between the two pitchers.

Sophomore infielder Marinna Shadley concluded the game by going 2-for-3 with one RBI. Freshman catcher Morgan Harris also had a hit, and senior outfielder Alma Cortez added a triple.

Trevecca generated its offense early in the game, jumping out to an early 2-0 lead after knocking in a run in the top of the third and then adding another in the top of the fifth.

Middle Tennessee made a comeback effort late in the contest after Shadley’s bunt brought home Cortez from third base after a triple in the bottom of the sixth. The Blue Raiders’ comeback would fall short though, as Trevecca registered three consecutive outs in the last inning to hand MT a loss.

Middle Tennessee returns to the field Sunday in Tuscaloosa, Alabama for a doubleheader against the Crimson Tide, last season’s national runner-ups.

For more Blue Raider softball, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport