Student Career Fair Gets Lukewarm Response

Representatives from 100 employers and 20 graduate schools came to the Student Union Building Thursday for MTSU’s 32nd annual career fair.

The fair offered students a chance to network and share resumés with local businesses.

Some students, like senior Paige Watlington, found the helpful because the employers were “not intimidating.”

Other students, however, felt that the focus of the fair was overly narrow.

“I think that they should have had more options for underclassmen,” sophomore Dale Wintersteen said. “If they offered more internships and more part time jobs, it would help more than just seniors who are ready to graduate.”

Students who were seeking full-time employment found the fair disappointing because of the lack of variety.

“I would have liked it if they had more options and informative employees,” senior Evan Price said. “I feel like everyone I talked to only knew about their position. I wish they would have been more informative about other positions offered.”

Although some people were disappointed, the fair still offered information and job opportunities for approximately 1,000 people.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com