Students Involved in Hit-and-Run Near Campus

Two MTSU freshmen were involved in a three-car hit-and-run on the corner of Greenland Drive and Middle Tennessee Boulevard on Tuesday afternoon.

The students, Matthew Johnson and Jackson Davison, were traveling on Middle Tennessee towards campus. While they were stopped at a red light, they said an unknown driver hit Johnson and then slid into Davison.

Though both cars were damaged, neither driver was injured.

“The [suspect] tried to run the light and then slipped, hitting the parked cars, ” Robert Barker, a freshman who witnessed the wreck, said.

“Then he drove off up Greenland where a red pick-up tried to stop him. He whipped past the pick-up and almost hit him, so the pick-up followed, but didn’t find the guy,” Baker said.

Both drivers reported the same license number and that the driver was a light-skinned African American in a black or dark grey four-door sedan.

Those involved in an incident such as this might want to contact a hit-and-run accident lawyer in an effort to seek legal action against the negligent party so that you are not left out of pocket when you’re not at fault.

Police showed up on scene a few minutes later but have not yet found the suspect.

For more election coverage, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com