Student Reports Sexual Assault at University Ridge Apartments

Another MTSU student reported a sexual assault in her University Ridge apartment building on Saturday morning, according to Murfreesboro police department.

The 19-year-old freshman told police she was walking back to her apartment around 3 a.m. after leaving a party when a man she knew as “Scrib” approached her. She told police he escorted her into a different apartment within building 600, where the assault took place.

“Scrib” allegedly took the victim to a third floor apartment where he began to “rub her legs through the outer layer of her clothing,” according to the police report.

The victim told police she then went downstairs to her apartment, but “Scrib” followed her. Her roommate let both the victim and the man into the apartment. The man complied when he was later asked to leave the residence, according to the report.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email news editor@mtsusidelines.com