Police: Two Shoplifters Arrested at Old Fort Walmart

Murfreesboro Police were called to the Walmart on Old Fort Parkway just after midnight Wednesday morning in regards to a possible shoplifting, according to the Murfreesboro Police Department.

When police arrived on the scene, a Walmart employee identified two men, Bobby Durham, 19, and Samuel Carini, 20,  who were believed to be hiding lifted merchandise in their clothing. The pair of responding officers confronted the two men in the store’s bathroom, but when they tried to place them under arrest, Durham attempted to escape.

The officers “grabbed ahold of the subject and a struggle ensued,” where Durham was taken to the ground and handcuffed. While police were speaking with the manager of the store, Carini slipped out of his cuffs, attempted to escape and “a second struggle ensued,” according to the police report.

The officers stated that Durham and Carini “had an odor of alcohol about their person” and that they had observed Durham drinking.

After the subjects were searched, police found five bottles of beer, two rolls of Gorilla tape, three oranges and a pair of earrings.

Both were charged with underage consumption, theft under $500 and resisting arrest.

For more community news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com