Man Cited for Exposing Himself in James E. Walker Library

A 50-year-old man was cited for Indecent Exposure after a student reported she saw him exposing himself in the first floor computer lab of Walker Library on the evening of Tuesday, February 3.

The female student, 20, told police she saw a man “performing a lewd act” while sitting next to her, according to a campus police report. When police arrived at the library, the victim’s brother pointed out Curtis Stepp of Manchester as the offender.

Stepp told police he was an alumnus of the university, and was in the library researching some information.

When Hussey asked Stepp if he had been “bothering” anybody in the library, Stepp said he was “unaware” of anyone around him. When Stepp was shown video footage of himself masturbating, he did not deny it was him in the video.

“[Stepp’s] hands  seemed to be really unsteady, and I had a hard time understanding what he was saying,” said Officer Mario Hussey in the report.

He was charged an issued State Citations for Indecent Exposure and Criminal Trespassing. He is scheduled to appear before Rutherford County General Sessions Court on March 9.

For more campus news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com