Four Cars Involved in a Fatal Wreck on Memorial Blvd

Memorial Boulevard is closed between Airport Road and Glenis Drive after four cars were involved in a in a serious injury accident at the intersection of Memorial Boulevard and Airport Road Monday afternoon, according to Murfreesboro Police.

Investigators believe that three cars were stopped at the intersection when a dump truck, driven by Mark Melton of Melton’s Construction, collided with a GMC truck driven by William Hall, sending it into a Chevy driven by Larry Russell, which then hit a Nissan Altima driven by Brenda Johnson, causing it to “lightly strike” a fifth car, a Nissan Frontier driven by Edward Baskin in the other lane. Two of the drivers were mildly injured, and Hall was transported to Saint Thomas and was later announced deceased.

Murfreesboro Police and the Fatal Accident Crash Team are investigating the accident.

For more local news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com