Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Scupltor Sean O’Meallie’s Work on Display in Todd Art Gallery

Well-known Colorado sculptor Sean O’Meallie opened a display in the Todd Art Gallery on Monday.

O’Meallie is a former toy maker and art professor whose works of painted wood with multilayered content often stimulates contemplation beyond their individual aesthetics.

“In my work I usually draw on intellectual, visual and spatial opportunities presented by circumstance to communicate possibility,” O’Meallie said on his website. “In this, I employ the semiotics of popular culture, human perception and habituation in self-conscious ways.”

O’Meallie’s works are found in many public and private collections, museums and a university teaching text on art and design titled Launching the Imagination. Downtown Denver sports a bronze sculpture of O’Meallie’s abstract piece “His Cowboy Pajamas.” His creations are often on tour throughout both the U.S. and Europe.

O’Meallie’s works will be on display from March 17 through April 2 at the Todd Art Gallery. The gallery is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. in Andrew L. Todd Hall.

Follow Savanna Hazlewood on Twitter at @SavHaz.

For a full list of upcoming events and galleries at the Todd Art Gallery, click here.

For more Lifestyles articles, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com