Twista at TEMPT Murfreesboro | Photo Gallery

Renowned rapper Twista performed at the Murfreesboro nightclub TEMPT on Saturday night.

Check Staff Photographer Greg French‘s photos from the performance below:

MTSU student Illuminate served as the night’s opening act:

Follow Greg French on Instagram at @G_F_R_E_N_C_H.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com

1. It’s nice to hear that Twista came to Murfreesboro to perform. I am personally into hip-hop music and I grew up on Twista back when he released his platinum album Kamikaze in 2004. Although I have not heard a lot from Twista since 2004, it’s still nice to see him making contributions to the hip-hop community by just staying active. The climate of hip-hop has changed since that platinum album release. Underground hip-hop has become more mainstream than ever with rappers nowadays broadcasting their release of their mixtapes over the Internet.
    With this shift in climate, Twista can carve out his own success independently without much help from a big label. The Internet itself has become much bigger as a whole than it was in the 2000’s. With the Internet becoming a much bigger player, it allows rappers such as Twista to stay somewhat relevant. I’m not downplaying the idea of getting a major label deal at all, it’s just that clearly it has its cons. It is also great to see Illuminate open up for Twista. He has been working hard to promote his music on campus for quite some time, and it looks like it is starting to pay off.