TDOT Prepares for Bonnaroo 2015

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will draw approximately 80,000 attendees to Manchester, Tennessee, June 11-14. With this influx of people comes an influx in traffic for those heading to the festival or traveling through the area.

Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) and Tennessee Highway Patrol will take the following steps to aid the flow of traffic on I-24 June 10-15:

• Exit 111 will be the main festival exit while exits 97, 105, 112, 117 and 127 are alternatives should traffic become congested.
  • Festival traffic will be kept in the far right lane and/or on the shoulder of the interstate to lessen the impact on through traffic.
  • I-24 near the festival area will be free of construction from 6 a.m. Wednesday until 7 p.m. Monday, June 15.
  • TDOT will have maintenance units around the area and on call for the duration of the festival.
  • Median crossovers will be guarded to prevent motorists from parking in the crossovers and blocking emergency vehicles. For tips on festival parking, see Bonnaroo’s suggestions on travel and entry.
  • See TDOT’s map of alternative routes and detours to navigate around the festival area here.

For more information on Tennessee traffic or for updates on traffic conditions, follow @TN511 on Twitter or dial 511.

For more Bonnaroo updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact News Editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com