The Wonder Years Return to Nashville, Play New Music at Vans Warped Tour | Photo Gallery

The Wonder Years returned to the Vans Warped Tour for the third time and did not cease to surprise fans at their stop at the Fairgrounds in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday.

The Wonder Years, a six-piece pop punk band from Lansdale, Pennsylvania have amassed a huge fan base since forming in 2005. The set featured songs from records both new and old, including “Dismantling Summer” and “There, There,” from their 2013 LP The Greatest Generation and “Don’t Let Me Cave In” and “Came Out Swinging” from their 2011 album Suburbia I’ve Given You All and Now I’m Nothing.

After releasing “Cardinals,” the first taste of their upcoming LP,  No Closer to Heaven, on June 30, the band debuted the song live for thrilled fans who attended their set at the Shark Stage.

The crowd’s energy was visible from the first note of the set; however, after frontman Dan “Soupy” Campbell’s announcement that they would be playing their new song, the crowd was ecstatic. The thick mud covering most of the festival grounds after storms earlier that day did not stop the fans from crowd surfing, jumping and thoroughly enjoying the eight-song set.

Campbell noted after their opening song that it had been “way too long” since the group had played in Nashville, promising that they would be back very soon.

Check out a few photos from the performance below:

Follow Savanna Hazlewood on Twitter at @SavHaz.

Follow Gregory French  on Instagram at @G_F_R_E_N_C_H.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.