Who to See at Forecastle 2015: Days Two & Three

The Forecastle Festival continues today at Waterfront Park in Louisville, Kentucky. The festival gives music fans an eclectic mix of music, bourbon and Kentucky cuisine on the banks of the Ohio River. Artists including Modest Mouse, My Morning Jacket and Widespread Panic will be taking the stage throughout the weekend. Here’s our recommendations for who to see on Days Two and Three:

photo-credit-james-mason-extralarge_1425597845527iLoveMakonnen

When: 6:45 – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Ocean Stage
Genre: Hip-hop

Atlanta-based hip-hop artist rose to prominence after Drake remixed his track “Tuesday” last year. The song was a massive success, and iLoveMakonnen has been bringing his eclectic personality and signature mix of rap and R&B to audience across the country ever since. His afternoon performance will one of Saturday’s funnest, filled with singalongs to tracks like “I Don’t Sell Molly No More” and the aforementioned “Tuesday.”

Photo courtesy of Twin Peaks
Photo courtesy of Twin Peaks

Twin Peaks

When:  7:00 – 7:45 p.m.
Where: WFPK Port Stage
Genre: Rock

Chicago’s Twin Peaks are one of the many up and coming rock bands playing Forecastle this year. Their ’60s and ’70s rock inspired approach to garage rock led their 2014 release Wild Onion to being one of our favorite rock albums of last year. For more info on Twin Peaks, read our 2014 interview with the group.

RL Grime

When: Ocean Stage
Where: 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Genre: Electronic

RL Grime is one of electronic music’s freshest faces, with a hard hitting catalog of trap and techno beats and remixes. He’s fresh off a new album VOID, which featured collaborations with Big Sean and How to Dress Well, and is the highest profile electronic act playing Forecastle. Be sure to check out his set at the Ocean Stage if you need a break from the stacked lineup of rock bands the rest of the weekend.

10402009_588047877982206_3227112081820460074_nKing Tuff

When: 8:15 – 9:15 p.m.
Where: WFPK Port Stage
Genre: Rock

King Tuff’s Black Moon Spell was my favorite album of 2014, as it was one the one the most solid rock releases in recent memory. The trio’s new material harks back to big, fun classic rock  of T. Rex, Jimi Hendrix and David Bowie, and it’s my recommendation if you’re looking for a balls-to-the-wall rock show to take up some of your Sunday.

we were dead press shot wendy lynchModest Mouse

When: 6:45 – 8:15 p.m.
Where: Mast Stag
Genre: Alternative Rock

Modest Mouse is one of the most sought after live acts in recent memory, and since the group released Strangers to Ourselves in 2015, fans have been getting their MM thirst quenched. The group’s been touring almost nonstop, with enthusiastic responses from their almost cult following. Their Sunday night set will be the perfect lead in for Widespread Panic’s headlining set.

For our full archive of Forecastle coverage, click here.

Follow John Connor Coulston on Twitter at @JCCoulston.

Follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com