MTSU Sigma Pi Chapter’s Suspension Lifted

The suspension of the MTSU Sigma Pi fraternity has been lifted this afternoon after an investigation by the national organization.

After displaying inappropriate banners geared towards freshman girls, the chapter was suspended by their national organization last week.

The release from Sigma Pi’s national office in Lebanon, Tennessee stated:

The suspension of Theta-Omega Chapter of Sigma Pi Fraternity, International at Middle Tennessee State University has been lifted as a result of the conclusion of the investigation into a banner that was displayed outside of the chapter house at MTSU.

Disciplinary action was taken in regards to the members who participated in the displaying of the banner and the Chapter will be working closely with the MTSU June Anderson Center for Women and Nontraditional Students during the 2015-16 academic year in order to heighten sexual assault awareness on campus.

For more news stories, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines.

To contact news editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.