Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 11

By Jim Bratton//Contributing Writer

If you area fan of sports betting (or like to take part in things like the Football stock market for a bit of fun), then a couple of factors have made a big impact in fantasy football this season are injuries and inconsistent play. If your team has been dealing with injuries or you have that one player that is just not getting it done for you, here are a few waiver-wire options for week 11:

Matt Jones, Running Back, Washington Redskins– Jones has been considered a deep sleeper in fantasy football all season, but he really busted out onto the scene on Sunday. Against the Saints, Jones only finished with 11 carries for 56 yards in the running game. But, in the passing game, Jones was a huge weapon, finishing with three catches for 131 yards and a touchdown. All of those numbers combined for 24 fantasy points. Jones has become a more dependable back than Alfred Morris, who has been a fantasy disappointment this season.

Tony Romo, Quarterback, Dallas Cowboys– If you made the decision to drop Romo earlier in the season after he suffered an injured collarbone, then it’s time to pick up off of waivers. Romo is expected to return to action in week 11 against the Miami Dolphins. With Romo back in the fold, the entire Cowboys offense will feel that much-needed spark. Look for them to start producing once again.

Matt Hasselbeck, Quarterback, Indianapolis Colts– Colts’ starting quarterback Andrew Luck has been sidelined another 2-6 weeks with a lacerated kidney, which means that veteran Matt Hasselbeck will step in again. In the two games he has played in this year, Hasselbeck has been a solid fantasy contributor. Against the Jaguars, Hasselbeck finished with 282 yards and a touchdown. Against the Texans the following week, he finished with 213 yards and two scores in another productive outing. Hasselbeck combined for 31 fantasy points in those two weeks, which is not particularly shabby. With Luck out for the next few weeks, I expect that Hasselbeck will be an immediate factor in fantasy football.

To contact Interim Sports Editor Connor Ulrey, email sportseditor@mtsusidelines.com.