5 offices you need to know on MTSU’s campus

Photo by David Taylor//Staff Photographer 

MTSU’s giant campus can be overwhelming to new students and transfer students alike, so we’ve put together a list of offices that you’ll need to know and where you can find them.

1.MTSU Parking services

You’ll go to the parking office to get your resident, commuter or even visitors parking pass. It’ll only take about 5 minutes to get your car registered, but depending on the time of day, you might have a long wait-time. You’ll need your license, license plate number and MTSU ID/M# to register, but the tag is completely free. While you’re there, you can even pick up a color-coded map of the campus parking lots to know where it’s safe to park or get your bike registered.

Location: Parking Services Building (PKS on MTSU map), 1403 E Main Street

Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday.

Phone: 615-898-2850

2.Post Office

As an on campus student, you will receive your own P.O.box and you will ship/receive packages from the university shipping center. Off campus students can also purchase a P.O. box and use the university post office. Your box number and combination will be located in Pipeline under the student tab. Students will also receive text/email alerts when they receive a package and are required to bring their school ID upon pick up.

Location: First floor of the Keathley University Center

Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m

Phone:  (615) 898-2459

3. Health Services

MTSU’s health services is where you’ll go for everything from a flu shot to physical. The office houses standard physicians who can perform strep tests, x-rays, and other functions of your regular doctor as well as women’s health specialists who are available for such things as birth control. Visits can be scheduled online here and are free to students, but fees apply depending on supplies and testing. Health services also includes an on-campus pharmacy located across the hall.

Location: Health, Wellness and Recreation Center

Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. and Fridays 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m

Phone: 615-898-298

4. Student Success Center 

MTSU offers free tutoring to students online and on campus. Tutors range in subject from math and science to English and foreign languages. To find a tutor/tutoring center best for you, visit the student success website.

Location: Peck Hall 142

Phone: 615-494-8650

5. MT One Stop

The One Stop is where you’ll go for almost anything related to enrollment. To request transcripts, confirm enrollment, change a major/minor or get financial aid help, you’ll head to the One Stop. Once at the One Stop, you simply sign in on the computers there and wait a staff member to help you with your administrative needs. One Stop is a relatively new addition to campus that clumped together a lot of the old offices that used to be scattered across campus to be more convenient to students.

Location: Student Services and Admission Center

Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Phone: 615-898-2111

To help you find your way around, here’s a map of campus with buildings by name and parking lots by tag color.

For more campus information, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com